TD bank credit cards: TD Bank is undoubtedly one of the top banks in Canada and is considered the sixth largest bank in North America.
As of July 2019, TD Bank’s assets are valued at $1.4 trillion. The bank boasts of a global customer base of over 22 million and 85,000 employees across 1,100 branches.
To meet the diverse needs of customers, TD Bank has a wide range of credit cards to meet the diverse needs of its (td bank credit cards customer service) customers. Now coming to the most frequently asked questions.
How to get a TD Bank credit card
The easiest way to apply for a TD Bank credit card is to start on the bank’s website. Once you have selected the card (td bank credit cards list) of your choice, simply click on the “Apply Online” button.
- You will then be asked if you are an (td bank lost credit card Canada) existing customer. If you are already a TD Bank customer, applying for the card will be a quick process.
- You will be asked (td bank credit cards login) to login to your account and most credit card applications will be pre-populated based on your account details.
- If you are not an existing customer, you must be a permanent resident of Canada and the age of majority in your territory or province. To apply online, you will also need an email address.
- If you don’t have an email address or don’t want to apply online, you can visit a branch, book an online appointment in person or speak to someone over the phone.
- If a certain income is required to apply for the card, TD will outline the card’s income requirements. Note that business credit cards can have strict requirements and you’ll usually need to prove that you’re a business owner.
- Then you have to agree to the terms and provide personal information like your name and income. While you don’t need to provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN), it will speed up the application process, especially if the bank wants to do a credit check.
Are TD Bank’s Credit Cards Good?
TD bank credit cards review: credit cards have the most acceptance from merchants virtually anywhere because they are Visa cards TD Credit Cardholders can deposit their money into their bank accounts wherever they get a Visa symbol. As a TD cardholder, it’s really reassuring to know that your credit card can be accepted almost anywhere.
How to Choose the Best TD Bank Credit Card for You
When choosing any credit card, be sure to check the eligibility requirements. There’s no point in applying for a credit card that has age, location, income or credit score requirements that you can’t meet.
- Annual fee: Cards that charge annual fees tend to have higher and higher-value benefits than cards that don’t Make sure any rewards earned with the card are worth the money you pay to carry it.
- Interest rates: If you want to keep a balance on your card, it’s wise to look for a card with a lower interest rate.
- Reward or cash back: Rewards can be more attractive than cash back but can be complicated to redeem.
Features of TD Bank credit card
Is available as Visa card
At this time, all TD Bank credit card are approved with the Visa network That means TD Bank credit cardholders have access to higher-tier Visa Infinite-branded cards, if they qualify. There are no TD Bank MasterCard or American Express options.
Average interest rate
Most TD Bank credit card come with interest rates between 19.99% and 20.99% for purchases and 22.99% for cash advances.
However, TD Bank offers several cards with low interest rates ranging from 11.99% to 14.99%, as well as a TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa card that works like a line of credit and TD Prime + TD offers up to 4.50% principal. + 12.75%.
Annual Fee Normal
Many, but not all, TD Bank credit card charge an annual fee; Amount paid in advance once a year, every year you have the card. An annual fee may be worth it if the rewards you earn outweigh the costs.
Do you need a credit score for a TD Bank credit card?
You must meet minimum requirements before being considered eligible for a credit card. Every bank has minimum credit card rules.
In addition to having a steady income and not defaulting on credit account payments for two or more years, you may want to make sure your credit score meets the bank’s minimum criteria.
Note: that even if you have excelled in the past by meeting all the minimum criteria, you may still be denied a bank credit card. It may take a very high overall debt or a recent late payment to get your credit card application denied.
Below are FICO scores (credit scores) and how they are calculated:
- Excellent: 750 or more
- Good: 700-749
- Average: 600-699
- Rebuild: Under 600
- While some credit card issuers may require a minimum credit score of 725+, others require as low as 660+. May be required.
General types of td bank credit card in canada
TD Bank issues its own bank credit cards as well as several branded credit cards in partnership with Aeroplan, Canada’s largest airline’s popular loyalty program.
- TD bank credit card for students, Business, Low Interest Cards, Rewards and Cash Back Cards and U.S. Offers more than a dozen cards for a variety of needs, including Cards included for dollar cards.
- TD Bank Cash-Back Card: Cash-back credit cards earn a certain amount back for each qualifying purchase.
- TD Bank Travel Credit Cards: These cards let you earn travel rewards, TD Rewards points, and often other travel-friendly benefits like airport lounge access, priority boarding, and travel insurance.
- TD Bank Aeroplan credit cards: Co-branded card that earns Aeroplan Rewards points to be used when you fly on Air Canada.
- TD Bank general rewards cards: Rewards credit cards earn points from a financial institution’s proprietary loyalty program, which can be redeemed for a variety of items such as merchandise or gift cards and more.
- TD Bank business credit cards: Separate business from personal spending and earn rewards.
- TD Bank student credit cards: Student credit cards often have low interest rates, low or no annual fees and can help build credit.
- TD Bank low-interest credit cards: These cards have lower-than-normal interest rates for people looking to reduce debt or keep a balance.
- TD Bank US Dollar Card: A US dollar card allows you to make purchases in US currency without paying foreign transaction fees.
TD Cash Credit Card:
TD Business Solutions Credit Card:
TD First Class℠ Visa Signature Credit Card:
TD bank secured credit card Canada:
TDbank prepaid credit card Canada:
Fees, interest rates, and income requirements
As with comparable cash back cards, the recommended credit score to qualify for this card is at least 660 (fair-good).
The TD Rewards Visa Card is a free travel credit card that’s easy to qualify for. No minimum income requirement and no annual fee.
We will help answer all your questions so you can get the best solution for your trip. Your TD Access Card is accepted in more than 200 countries around the world where Visa is accepted.
TD Bank credit limits range from as low as $300 to $5,000 depending on the card. The TD Bank credit card with the highest starting credit limit is the TD First Class Visa Signature Credit Card, which is also rumored to offer limits of up to $18,000 for high income earners.
You May Also Like the following:
Best Low Interest Credit Cards in Canada
RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard